3 Cool Easy D.I.Y Xmas Gift Ideas is the ultimate guide for the babe on a budget, it is not everyone who can splurge a bit during Christmas, seriously. We are all very aware of how strenuous and over stretched we all get during this festive season; especially for those who love to give! So we have come up with an extra list to help you stay on top of your game by putting together 3 cool easy D.I.Y Xmas gift ideas!
- Spa Basket– Oh this is always a winner, especially your female friends. Get a low priced basket of your choice, we recommend you make it a small size. Go down to your nearest Body shop, body Works & Bath or your nearest Boots or Watsons. They have a lot of things on Sale or marked down prices that you can pick up and put in your spa basket!
- D.I.Y bejeweled scarf – : Tie or loop your scarf. Then take the bracelet piece or necklace topper piece and wrap it around a loop in the scarf. Place the ends at the bottom (as pictured below on the left).Use the clasps on the bracelet ends to connect through a loop on the pendant (pictured above on right). If you use a necklace topper you will need a connector to pull it all together.
This D.I.Y requires a bit of adventure from your end if you do not have the required pieces in your jewelry collection already.
SOURCE: Brassy Apple
- Candles In a teacup– These make for pretty gifts as well. For an added health boost, consider mixing essential oils into the melted candles. So if you have some awesome looking tea cups that have lost their saucers…this is it! Steps 1-3 below;
- In a small pan set over a larger pan of simmering water, melt down old candles; clip the thermometer to the upper pot, and keep temperature at about 185 degrees. Remove old wicks with tongs.
Cut a piece of wicking to the cup’s height plus 2 inches. Clamp one end to a wick sustainer; the other end around a skewer. Dip wicking and sustainer into melted wax to coat them. Remove and stick sustainer to cup’s bottom.
- Pour in the wax, stopping 1/2 inch below the cup’s rim. Allow wax to set, about 1 hour. The candle will harden with a well in the center. To even it out, use another skewer to prick a circle of holes about 1/16 inch deep around the wick. Pour in melted wax until surface is 1/4 inch below rim. Cut wick.
Crafty right? And all you need is time and bit of patience and you will be the best gift giver this year! Which one of our 3 cool easy d.i.y Xmas gift ideas will you be trying? We are going for candle in a teacup, connect with us on Instagram to how that goes.