The 3 Golden Rules On Establishing A Personal Brand are an essential lifestyle evaluation kit. Is your brand speaking for you when you are not around, is it communicating the right message of who you are and what you stand for, are people clear what you are about and what do people associate you with?
Personal brands are no longer exclusive to celebrated public figures, they are now part of any savvy digital age personality. Your Brand is the communicator which establishes a perception in other people’s mind.
Establishing a successful personal brand is all about how you understand your personality and use it to communicate. You may want to craft, polish and improve certain areas but essentially, your core is all that really matters.
Matters of appearance are vital as well, and nobody has to break the bank on this.
Building a personal brand needs work,dedication and patience just like building any business.
You must create personal vision just as businesses create vision and mission statements.
Granted, you can’t control every aspect of your life, but you can create a long-term vision and develop steps to achieve that vision. You know best who you are, what you want to achieve and to become.
Being fashion stylist, for example, your knowledge on fashion alone is not enough, but your ability to communicate is very important. It also isn’t about how fancy you look,it is about how much technical “fashion” sense (or otherwise) the clothes you are wearing make.
Most fashion stylists will wear a trend but pair it with something classic or something that defines their personal style or viceversa. Others will turn basics into subtle fashion worthy statements.
This shows that they know what is going on in the industry but also understand their personal style.
To enjoy some degree of success as a personal fashion stylist you most probably will need the 3 components .
The 3 Golden Rules on establishing a Personal Brand:
1. Personality– This is your inner package: who you are, your life philosophy, beliefs, habits behaviour, lifestyle,favorites, goals and so forth.
2. Appearance – This is your outer package: clothing and style, grooming and overall attractiveness. This part can be easily created but I would suggest that you discover who you are and want to become.
The more you practice and fall in love with the person you want to become, the easier your appearance will be believed by others, especially your clients.
3. Communication – This element includes your body language, word choices, speech abilities, public speaking abilities, your rapport, behaviour and competence. These include your personal and business communication skills as well as technical skills, giving you the ability to do your job.
Image consulting and Fashion styling, although different, are cross functional.
The 3 golden rules to establishing a personal brand in this post may not apply to you. However, they are a great starting point.
They play a role within the Personal Brand package that may give you a competitive advantage and discovery of your unique selling point (USP).
Creating and being dedicated to your personal brand can lead to many rewarding life achievements like;
- Growing your professional network so you open more professional opportunities
- A steady stream of ideal clients
- Landing better clients for your company/business to make your company more efficient
- Finding a better job
- Greater credibility
- Associaton with market niche
- Leadership opportunities
- Rewarding partnerships