Striving for the same stylish balance on the inside as you have on the outside? Then our 3 reasons to try this amazing detox bath 三個理由嘗試泡個輕鬆愉悅的排毒澡 are just what you need. They just so happen to be very simple as well; cleanse, rejuvenate and relax yourself. We are big fans of sea salt baths and epsom salt baths but our most rewarding at-home bathtub detox has to be the Epsom Salt Detox and we will share that recipe with you today.
In this day and age, our bodies are subject to more toxins than ever. A detox bath is one of the easiest healing therapies we can do to facilitate our body’s natural detoxification system.
Detoxification is the body’s way of removing and metabolizing these dangerous compounds.
- 1 Essential oil of your choice
- Epsom salt
- Baking soda
- Body butter/ coconut oil
- Run your bathwater, ideally the water must be quite hot because a good sweat is handy for the detox.
- Add 5-10 drops essential oil (most bloggers love lavender, we opt for it as well)
- Add 2 cups Epsom salt
- Add 1 cup of baking soda
- Soak yourself in the water for at least 20 minutes, all the way up to your neck. You want as much of your body underwater as you can. Close your eyes, do some breathing exercises.
- Once you are done soaking, rise out of the tub very slowly and cautiously. You may feel a little dizzy and light-headed, this will go away as you shower off quickly in cool water.
- Once dry you can apply a natural moisturizer like body butter or coconut oil ,no lotions with perfumes, dyes or chemicals.
What to remember;
- Do not eat immediately before or after taking a detox bath.
- Instead of food, hydrate yourself with water before and after.
- Allow time after your bath to rest and rejuvenate.
- Remember not to use harsh soaps or shampoos as your pores are open and will just absorb the chemicals found in those products. A detox bath is a general stress reliever but Epsom detox baths tend to do much more because of the chemical components of Epsom salt. A detoxifying bath is recommended at least once a week. Just as we look to look good, feeling good is an important factor in your daily successes.
Connect with us on Instagram: @chiefglammy
LIKE our FACEBOOK PAGE