5 Spring Skincare Tips YOU NEED 春季五個保養皮膚的必備方法 because we all know how harsh this Winter has been and still threatens to be. We can’t deny that Winter can wreak havoc on our skin, and the arrival of a new season is the perfect time to reassess your beauty regime and take more care. Today we share tips on how to give your skincare regime a much-needed spring clean, from the perfect product to use on an often-forgotten area to the best technique for revealing brighter and healthier-looking skin.
- SPF– Just because we do not see the sun,it doesn’t mean it is not there. With that in mind, always ensure that your day cream has an SPF, to protect yourself against UVA and UVB rays as the sun gathers strength. SPF is essential to protect skin against sun damage and premature ageing.
- Supplement– If your skin is feeling tight and looking dry and flaky after the harsh effects of winter weather and central heating, make sure you increase your hydration levels by using a moisturiser high in humectants such as Hyaluronic acid (Chiefglammy uses MILA EARTH BODYCARE 推薦的保養品 which provides hyaluronic acid mixed with Vitamin C serum for the face. It is available in Taipei) and rich in omega oils. Increase your daily intake of omega supplements, these will increase your skins hydration levels helping it to function more efficiently, restoring its barrier function for a more protected skin and removing your, snaky post winter look. Our recommended commercial supplement product that you can try is by Harmony Formulas; Essential Oil Formula.
- Cleanse and Cleanse some more– Spring is the perfect time to invest in your cleansing regime to reveal clearer, brighter, glowing skin. Spend 1-2 minutes working with your cleanser in upwards circular motions to clean deep into the pores, focusing on any congested areas with smaller circular motions. Chiefglammy uses Mila earth body care super hydra spray as a cleanser often takes a two-week cleansing challenge, focusing on a good cleanse daily. A good skin cleanse creates a clearer and healthier looking skin in a matter of weeks.
- Exfoliate and thank us later– You need to get the dead and dull winter skin off you. Just use a gentle exfoliator preferably one that is serum based, two times a week instead of a harsh scratchy scrub that will damage the skin causing micro-tears and irritation. An excellent exfoliator allows your moisturizers to work more efficiently on the skin.
- Lighter Moisturizer: This is probably one of the most neglected or overlooked aspects of skincare. There is no way the same heavy moisturizer used for winter (on your face) is suitable for your skin in lighter,warmer weather (unless it contains double agent ingredients and states otherwise). Thick creams were appropriate for the winter but they can be a little much in the warmer months. We recommend looking for a lightweight moisturizer for your face and body that won’t leave you feeling greasy but still provides sufficient hydration. One with SPF of course,if it doesn’t you can purchase it separately.
Do not forget to moisturize immediately after bathing or showering, do so within 2 to 3 minutes of showering, moisturize skin with an oil-based lotion, cream, or gel. When massaged into damp skin they trap water, which helps hydrate skin! What we eat also has a long term effect on our skins,nit just our healthy alone. So get into the habit of drinking more water than you usually would,start with a big mug of boiling hot water in the mornings. Set a goal for 3 types fruits and 2 types of veggies per day to start.