Chic And Easy Interior Décor DIY 俏妞與簡單的室內設計DIY is a fabulous and fun way to reuse and “recycle” your jars and glassware that has chipped or you simply do not want to serve your special guests with any longer. It’s also the best way to reuse your candles, instead of throwing them out, and learning how to make a small but beautifully colored or scented décor candle pieces for your living space. The epic part about this DIY is that you can also create it to give away as a cute gift for your friends or loved ones. Plus, you also do your part in being environmentally friendly.
It is simple, fun and very easy to do.
Today’s project is inspired by a fresh strawberry dessert I had at 9 September Cafe in Taipei. From our previous Christmas DIY post, we have already shared with you how to make a candle at home with your left over candles or soy wax. We also uploaded it to our fab youtube channel. You will need to watch this video or read the post to get an idea of how to create your own homemade candle.
What you will need:
Empty glass jar or unusable wine glass
Left over candles (scented or unscented)
Can of Gold Spray paint (color is optional)
Old newspapers or box
It takes 16-24 hours for the spray paint to dry off completely. Please try not to touch it before it dries because your finger prints will be left on your work of art, making it look untidy. Do not forget, to let it dry off in a dry place, the heat will ruin it too and the wind may make all sorts of things get stuck on your interior decor masterpiece.
- After your candle your cooled down and formed,remove the chopsticks or peg that you used to hold your wick. Next, lay down your newspaper and place the glass on top of it and get your mask and start spray painting the the bottom half of your glass in a downward motion.
- Repeat 2 or 3 times until you have reached your desired coating and the bottom half of the glass is completely covered.
- Leave your glass spray paint to dry for 16-24 hours.
- Next, get your clean empty jar and place it on top of another newspaper, put on your mask and spray the outside of the jar until completely covered. The jar must be placed upside down.
- Leave it to dry as well (16-24 hours)
Once both your wine glass and jar are completely dry, give it a quick wipe with a clean kitchen towel/ kleenex.
The jar can serve as your beautiful and creative “candle stand” and place it anywhere in your living space or you can make another homemade candle and fill it up! You can place the wine glass on top of the golden jar. The jar can face up or down.
Was this post helpful? We certainly know it will be, we have been saved from fashionably late moments thanks to this style inspiration. Do SHARE it with a friend or two, or even four.