Trends color theory is for everyone. How to create trendy color combinations is a guide to color coding done right.
We call it debunking one of the most frequent questions I get asked all the time about how to mix and match colors to create an eye-catching and fabulous colorful outfit.Celebrities and fashionista’s make it look so easy and difficult at the same time. In reality, there really is a simple way to get started. It’s the color wheel; yup, that’s right.
The color wheel is probably the best yet frequently overlooked wardrobe tool. It was one of the first things I learned about back when I studied graphic design (yes, graphic designer’s have the color know how just like any other design related graduate out there).
A quick run through
You can make the following stylish combinations using the color wheel as your guide:
1. Colors directly next to each other ( yellow and yellow-orange; yellow and yellow-green; violet and blue-violet, etc.)
2. Colors that form right angles with each other ( yellow and red-orange; blue and violet-red; green and orange, etc.)
3. Colors directly across from each other (yellow and violet; blue and orange; red and green, etc.)
4. Colors that form a T (blue, orange, and violet-red; yellow, violet, and red-orange; yellow, blue-green, and red-orange, etc.)
5. Colors that form an X (i.e. blue, orange, violet-red, and yellow, violet, blue-green, and red-orange, etc.)
|Yellow+tangerine = nuances of the same color.
Yellow, orange, pink, red and the warmer purple shades always go well together.
The green clutch from the opposite side of the color wheel serves as contrast and makes the whole outfit.
Don’t forget that since brown is a neutral, it will go with virtually any color on the color wheel.Try to pair a chocolate brown with cobalt blue or fuchsia.
Of course white, black, and the hues of blue found in denim are also neutrals that go with just about anything.
Colors that are a part of a “color family” also apply. So for instance, you can substitute pink with red and still be able to pull off the combos based on the color wheel.
Connect with us on Instagram: @chiefglammy
LIKE our FACEBOOK PAGE