After the success of our first post of our editor sharing style yips on how to dress like an it girl, we encouraged her to dig into her style vault and share with us herpersonal experience of being an it girl and share with you her tips!
1) As Fashion stylist by day and fashion blogger by night, it’s important for me to present both at all times yet still not pushing the limit for the office. Usually, I go straight from photoshoots to events because of no time so I always carry an extra pair of black high heels in my bag or office for those moments.
2) I prefer style as opposed to fashion, so i go for stylish look, find a stylish balance in everything you wear.
3) It’s also important to take care of your skin,especially your face. I apply the least make up to none during working hours and glam up my looks for fashion events at nights.
4) Be unique; your personality is your greatest asset.
5) It helps to go bed having given a thought,like a run through in your mind, what you will wear the next day. It not only saves time in the morning but you have enough time to play with your closet in your sleep.
I usually plan out my weekly outfits between Saturday and Sunday. Of course there are always changes because I can be quite spontaneous.
6) Do not be afraid to spend on quality.
Being an it girl isn’t easy, and it sure does a number on your pockets. So be prepared to spend your money as well.
Trust your instincts, ask friends for advice if need be.